Monday, December 28, 2009

What are my change to get a job as Flash/Actionscript programmer at 48?

If I learn in%26amp;out flash/flex/actionscript , what are my chances to get a job at 48? All I know is html!! If it is possible , how long will it take. Thx.What are my change to get a job as Flash/Actionscript programmer at 48?
I got my last (and current) job as a VB/database programmer-web developer at the age of 63, so you're still a young kid.





If you're good (and one of the 10% of the people who do 90% of the work), you'll get a job if the economy doesn't crash. What can a 25 year old do that you can't?What are my change to get a job as Flash/Actionscript programmer at 48?
Your chances would probably be pretty good, if you are an expert. You're going to have to do a lot of side projects and build up a nice portfolio of flash work to have a chance. How are you at HTML and graphics? Do you just know the basics or can you create a really nice looking design?





As far as time, that depends on how fast you learn and your current experience levels. ActionScript is like programming, so if you have never done any programming before it's going to take a while to learn. After you learn enough and work on a few good sizes personal projects you could go to a place like Scriptlance.com or Getacoder.com and hire yourself out to people to make a little side money and gain more experience, but you want to make sure you know what you are doing before you do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment